Research Assistant Professor
IMDEA Software Institute Madrid, Spain
Email : niki.vazou at imdea.org
I am looking for talented postdocs, PhDs, and interns interested to work on refinement types!
- - Invited speaker at CLAS
- - To present at Lambda Days 2022
- - Presented SCOT Seminar
- - Received ERC Starting Grant 2021
- - Received Wallenberg Academy Fellowship 2021
- - Invited at IFIP WG2.8
- - Co-chair of PLDI'22 AEC, with Xinyu Wang
- - Committee Member in ESOP'23, POPL'22, WITS'22, TYPES'22, OOPSLA'22, FLOPS'22
- - Thesis committee member for Felipe Gorostiaga, IMDEA
- - Board Member of Haskell Foundation
As of Nov. 2018 I am an Assistant Professor at IMDEA. I started my computer science education in NTUA, Athens, Greece. I got my Ph.D. from UCSD, San Diego where I developed Liquid Haskell, as described in my Ph.D. thesis. After that, I spend some time as a postdoctoral fellow at University of Maryland.
My research interests include refinement types, automated program verification, and type systems and my goal is to make theorem proving a useful part of mainstream programming. Liquid Haskell is an SMT-based, refinement type checker for Haskell programs that has been used for various applications ranging from fully automatic light verification of Haskell code, e.g., bound checking, to sophisticated theorem proving, e.g., non-interference.Tweets by nikivazou